Monday, February 25, 2013

Monday, February 25, 2013

Wow! It is already Monday.  We had a great weekend, but I wish weekends lasted as long as weekdays!

When I read these OT readings, I feel grateful, blessed and encouraged that Jesus came to abolish the old law and establish a new law.  I sometimes forget that this is all these poor (pathetic) people know.  (Sometimes I even think 'Get over yourself!')  I so rejoice when we finally get to the New Testament.  It is probably good to be presented with the contrast between the 2 sets of readings.  It allows us to really appreciate the gift that we have been given in Christ's life and death and finally his resurrection.

I love the Gospel and I love that it is short, crisp and to the point.  It makes it so powerful!
Jesus said to his disciples:“Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.“Stop judging and you will not be judged.Stop condemning and you will not be condemned.Forgive and you will be forgiven.Give and gifts will be given to you;a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing,will be poured into your lap.For the measure with which you measurewill in return be measured out to you.”

Our gifts will be returned to us 1000-fold when we are charitable to others -- when we are kind, merciful, affirming and non-judgmental -- when we give of ourselves to others instead of judging.  We live in a world that is so judgmental, from peer pressure to the news on TV -- it is not just news, everything has to have a political spin and we so easily set up a cult of 'us vs. them.'  We have 'IT' and you don't!  We all have 'IT' -- the gift of God's saving grace in His Son!  What greater gift is there, What greater measure can we have of a loving God!  If we can only open our eyes and ears to see and accept God's tremendous love which we have been given in abundance.  If we could just see and treat each other as equally gifted and loved by God, we would all live in a land of plenty.  This is the way to end violence, to end oppression, to restore the dignity of the human being, to live in harmony.

Have a great week!
Love,
MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment