Friday, March 15, 2013

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wow!  These readings are crazy!  Twice through and I still cannot make any sense.  I even struggle with the psalm "A just judge is God, a judge who punishes day by day." and to almost take delight in the vengeance of God in the last verse of the first reading.  I find it increasingly difficult to identify with these images of an Old Testament God.  In the Gospel,  is Jesus stirring the  pot or what?  It is obvious it is not yet Jesus time -- no more arguing, yet they weren't ready to turn him in, so each went to his own house.  So be it.  That is probably the line that makes the most sense to me.  I can't help but think that on some level the people in Jesus' time knew they were in the presence of something great -- at minimum, something unusual.  When you don't understand, it is often best to step back and ponder, give it a little time.  Listen, pray and walk by faith with an ear open to the call -- so, each to his own house. . .

May Sunday's readings make a lot more sense!
Love,
MOM


No comments:

Post a Comment